When processing IQF vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, peas, corn, edamame, leafy vegetables like spinach and herbs or even whole asparagus or artichoke – OctoFrost offers optimal machinery, designed to achieve the best final product while ensuring an energy efficient processing, reliable food safety and high yield for the processor.
The full control over the blanching temperature in the IF Blancher is important for keeping the natural color of vegetables and a crisp bite. Further on, with an efficient chilling below 5°C in the OctoFrost™ IF Chiller a quick crust-freezing is achieved in the OctoFrost IQF freezer. A low infeed product temperature is crucial for a high quality IQF vegetable.
The rain-shower and cross-flow systems which are at the heart of the IF Blancher and Chiller help achieve the quickest heat transfer while the recirculation system optimizes water consumption. The adjustable fans’ speed of the IQF freezer, translates in significant energy savings.
The quick and efficient blanching and chilling together with the unique aerodynamics of the OctoFrost™ freezer, result into less snow formation when compared to other technologies, which means minimum dehydration and higher yield for the processor.
All OctoFrost equipment has easy-to-clean design for a reliable food safety. Every part of the blancher and chiller which comes in contact with the blanching water can be cleaned by CIP (Cleaning-In-Place). The free-standing body, lack of joints and exchangeable bedplates of the OctoFrost™ freezer contribute even further to a truly reliable food safety for IQF fruits processors.
The OctoFrost IF Blancher as the unique benefit of precise temperature control for ensuring the best product quality. This innovative solution brings true value to vegetable processors:
- Weighing belt for an even infeed into the blancher;
- Flexibility of different temperature zones for avoiding over-blanching;
- Energy efficient steam injection for heating the blanching water;
- Cross-flow water circulation for smart water consumption;
The IF Chiller built by OctoFrost is based on impingement flash (IF) technology which achieves the quickest and most efficient heat transfer with its rain-shower system. This innovative solution brings true value to vegetable processors which allows them to produce high quality IQF products:
- Significantly faster heat transfer due to the impingement rain shower system;
- Quick chilling with the high flow of recirculated ice-cold water which improves yield and product quality;
- System temperature below 6°C for reliable food safety;
- Low product temperature achieved for a premium IQF final product;
The IQF technology developed by Octofrost has a number of unique features which bring real value to vegetable processors all around the world.
- Adjustable airflow for a quick crust-freezing in the first freezing zone which translates in no lump formation, good product separation and energy efficiency;
- Exchangeable OctoFrost bedplates for gentle handling of soft products and quick and easy cleaning between different batches;
- Overall easy-to-clean design for a truly reliable food safety;
These are a just a few of the key benefits OctoFrost customers enjoy from this unique IQF tunnel freezer. Learn more by clicking on the video above.